Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rock Your World

Have you ever encountered something that simply shifted your world? Has an event ever happened and you just know that life will never be the same after? There have been a few events that caused earth-altering shifts in my life.



The first was my marriage. Almost 8 years ago I married an incredible man. Honestly I didn't know how incredible he was at that time, but during the past 8 years I continue to fall in love with a man who is just amazing. It may not have been in God's ultimate plans that the two of us get married because neither of us were truly following Jesus at that time. But God has such redemptive power that I continue to fall in love with this amazing man everyday. I am filled with love and awe every time I look at my husband.



The second earth shattering event in my life was the birth of my daughter. I was completely oblivious to the concept of motherhood before my daughter was born. I had no idea that a small child would turn your world upside down. Your life really does change the second the baby enters the world. My world is very different and much better because of her. She is a beautiful child and I am so blessed that God saw me worthy of such an entrustment.



The third event that turned my life upside down was the day I met Jesus personally, September 8, 2006. Life really hasn't been the same. Jesus completely changed the trajectory of the path of life. I went from a very self-consumed, prideful individual who made her own paths for life to an individual who simply wants to live the life God has planned. I don't make future plans anymore and I don't set long-term goals unless God leads me to do so. But everyday I really do have a clear picture of what God wants me to do. I live everyday knowing that God adores me as His daughter. I have a real peace in my life.



And this weekend I got to see the results of an event that has caused unbelievable tremors in our world. Saturday night my pastor, Pete Hise, had the honor of presenting the closing message at Ichthus, an annual music festival held in Wilmore, KY. Pete is a true man of God and he speaks with unbelievable clarity. He lives as a man who knows he is a life redeemed and he will do whatever it takes for people to understand that they are loved dearly by the most high God and for people to enter into a relationship with Jesus. Pete presented an incredible message that shed light on people's need for Jesus causing them to want Jesus; to really want Him. At the end of the message Pete offered an invitation for people to stand, even raise their hands toward heaven, and to pray a simple prayer that began a relationship with Jesus. Sadly, I did not get to attend the event, but I have been able to see a video and talk with many people who were there. Even without attending, I can feel that this event has rocked our world. I can internally feel the difference it makes when thousands, not just hundreds, but thousands of people cross that eternal line from death to life. A huge shift happened in the spiritual world. Satan lost that night. He lost big time. And our lives will never be the same. The floodgates have opened for more people to enter into evangelism, resulting in more people entering into a new life with Jesus. This world, and my world, will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment