Friday, June 5, 2009

Jesus Didn't Save Me From Something, But For Something

Jesus gave me a gift the Monday after Easter. After dropping my daughter off at school, I felt compelled to drive downtown. I had no idea why. Initially I thought I would see someone I was suppose to talk to, but turns out that God wanted to talk to me. As I was driving around looking at the buildings and the professionals on the street, I remembered the dreams I had in college of what my after-college life would look like. I had dreams of working in a high-profile company with an executive job sitting behind a huge desk in a beautiful suite with a secretary sitting outside my door. I could see these pictures in my head. Then I heard God whisper, "You get to give that up." He didn't command me to do it; it was a true gift. I get to give up that dream. I get to let go of my plans, the way I picture life would look like. I remember working at my first two professional jobs after college feeling like I wasn't accomplishing anything for this world. My work meant nothing; only allowing the rich to get richer. When I started my own accounting practice I thought I was on the path of really helping people. But it was still my dreams, my plans. Now God is sweetly offering me the choice to give up my dreams; dreams that were there for a long time, since I was 16. Yes, I am giving up my plans. Really, I only want to live out the plans God has on my life. They really are the most perfect plans. So I guess Jesus saved me from something and for something.

from my plans
for His plans

No comments:

Post a Comment