Friday, June 5, 2009

becoming entrustable...

I have the privilege of being a part of a leadership development program at our church. When asked what I wanted to get out of being a part of it, my response was that I wanted to learn, grow, be found entrustable, and in the end to look a little more like Jesus. The other day Jesus tweaked in me the definition of being entrustable. Until that time I think I was viewing the term as a little bit of having more to do. And, there is some truth in that. The bigger truth is that Jesus will entrust more and more people to me. It has nothing to do with more activities; the activities are a result of being entrusted with more people. I have a quicker pace in my spirit and loads of peace. It's an ironic thought of life slowing down and speeding up at the same time.

To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away. Matthew 25:29 (NLT)


P.S. I originally wrote the above as a journal entry on April 27. Since then God has found both my husband and I very entrustable. We have the opportunity to lead people on various teams and through Life Groups at our church, and he has shared his salvation story with two people and is developing amazing relationships. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment