Friday, June 5, 2009

... assured ...

I love it when I get a word while on a retreat. The word generally has a lot of impact.

Empowered -- from Leadership Retreat '07... Within seconds God revealed to me that I really am empowered to lead. That He has given me everything I need in order to be a leader in His advancing kingdom.

Adored -- from Leadership Retreat '08... I was suffering from an identity crisis through much of that year and I was learning how to live in the true identitiy of who I am - a beloved, adored child of God. God whispered so gently to me during that time, even when I was arguing about my word! All I have to do is rest in the true identity of who I am.

Assured -- from Women's Retreat '09... It is truly amazing that I received this word. Earlier that day I was hearing in my head that I was not worhty to lead. Recently I have been dropped into the deep end of the pool. I am a part of the leadership development program at church; I am a Life Group leader; I lead the financial team and the financial office; I stepped into leading a small group at Women's Retreat. That was a complete surprise. I know I can do this with Jesus because He has empowered me and I live in the identity of being adored. But I was hearing voices saying I was not strong enough, I had not suffered enough bad places, that maybe I really don't know how to do this. I have lead in safe places but I am not ready to go this alone. But God has assured me that I can. Only by HIs strength and with His guidance I can do this. When I try to do it on my own is when I will fall flat on my face. And God says, "You can do this. I assure you that you can."

No comments:

Post a Comment