Sunday, September 4, 2016

My Summer Experiences: Part Two - New York City!

The first weekend of August I got to spend a few days in New York City.



The last time I was in NY City was in 1995 for my high school senior trip. Suffice it to say, it had been a while since I visited the Big Apple. I was in NY City in August to attend and present at the Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting and at the American Accounting Association's Annual Meeting. My poster presentation was on a project I developed last year for my introductory financial accounting course. The poster looked great and I met lots of people there.


Being in New York City was amazing. Going to Hawaii and being in New York showed me how much I appreciate experiencing new and different places; that how much life is enhanced when we experience things beyond our own little realms. Flying into NY City my breath caught when I saw the Statue of Liberty. Seeing the great buildings and other notable landmarks of the city was amazing, even if it was busy, a little smelly, and mildly claustrophobic. The following are a few pictures from my trip.

My girl was excited that I got to see a little bit of Broadway.

 Me in Central Park!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment