Thursday, August 18, 2016

My Summer Experiences: Part One - Hawaii!

Ah, the lazy summer days have come to an end. My girl and I are back in school, the hubby is working harder than ever, and the dog has free reign of the house (as if he didn't before). I can't believe the time has come. The summer flew by and now it's time to return to the routine of class preps, homework, after-school activities, and restful weekends.

It occurred to me that I have not shared two fantastic experiences I had this summer. The first experience was the eleven days that the three of us spent in Hawaii.  The second experience was the four days I spent in New York City. Both we absolutely amazing, in similar but different ways.

Hawaii is awesome. 'Nuff said. I encourage everyone to go at least once. Though Hawaii is a part of the US, it really feels like a different country. It is simply beautiful and the overall atmosphere is slow and relaxing.

We spent the first four days on the absolutely gorgeous island of Kuai. Kuai is one of the least commercialized islands of Hawaii causing the landscape to not be interrupted by buildings and other structures.
The ocean is simply beautiful there.  The water is clear causing it to reflect the most beautiful blue from the sky.  The water is slightly cool but we had so much fun playing in the waves.






We also went ziplining! I had not been before this trip and it was so much fun! We had amazing views from various points of the island. Of course, my girl was a pro and simply fearless as she went from line to line.

We also got to view some amazing waterfalls. The roads were a little curvy and none of us felt great when we got to them, but how we felt went away when we saw God's beautiful creations!






We spent the rest of our time on Maui. Another beautiful island, only a little more commercialized and fast paced.  My girl and I had a wonderful time doing a LOT of shopping on this island and we ate some amazing food.  We attended a luai. It was a fantastic show. The show discussed the history of the Hawaiian islands and focused on native dance. And the native Hawaiian food was awesome!
Another incredible experience was finding a black sand beach. Most of our vacations are taken on the eastern shores of the United States where the sand (and the water) are grey. Imagine my surprise and happiness when we found this gorgeous black sand beach!



We spent several hours on this beach enjoying the peace and the beauty of it. All three of us left with a bit of a sunburn.





Our trip to Hawaii was an amazing adventure and what I described here are just a few of the experiences we had while there. I'm so thrilled that we had the opportunity to go. Kevin and I honeymooned there 15 years ago and it was our goal to go back.




It was amazing. And it has definitely inspired me to visit other places in this world. I want to experience and explore more of God's beautiful creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment