Thursday, January 20, 2011

Purposeful...

I have heard the phrase that God purposefully placed us in this time for a reason. I completely believe it; however, I never really took in the full statement. Then something inside of me really clicked last weekend during church. Pastor Pete made the comment that we do not get to pick when we are born, where we are born, or even who we are born to. Hearing that resonated inside of me. That is so true... we don't get to pick any of that. But God picked for us to be born at this time... in this place... for this moment.

Why did God pick for YOU to be born during this century? Why are you alive right now during this decade? Why did God pick your parents for your birth and why do you live where you do? Why were you born in the country that you live in? Why did God place you in that specific city? I am certain that God did not pick your parents, your location, and your birth time just to simply bless you and to give you a happy life. He placed you in this time, in this place, and in this moment for a specific purpose and reason. So... what is it??

I am certain that I was born for this time, this place and this moment. God put me here on purpose and for a purpose. I am not certain of the specific purpose, although I have a few ideas. I do know that God has grand plans for me and through time and through coming to know Him more, I will get to work in those plans and achieve the purpose that He has set for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment