Thursday, January 27, 2011

Becoming Intimate with Jesus

This week I am working on my staff evaluation for work. One of the final questions is "How do you plan to develop a more intimate relationship with Jesus this year?" It is a tough question to answer. I don't want to be flippant and say "Pray more. Read my Bible more." I am looking for a plan that will allow me to grow closer to Jesus because I know He wants to be closer to me.

I have been thinking through how I have become closer, more intimate, with Kevin. I believe that our closeness has grown over time as we spend more time together, as we open up and be authentic with each other, and as we learn more about each other. I also have plans that include reading books on marriage and relationships and even finding talks about growing a solid marriage. And I think I can use this approach to growing closer to Jesus.

I'm not certain about my plan right now, but I do believe that it will include talking with Jesus more, being in a constant conversation with Him throughout the day everyday, and learning more about who He is as a person and how much He loves me. This will definitely include praying more and reading my Bible more and I think it may even include reading additional books about His life and listening to talks from our church and other great church's around the world. I will also have to surrender my heart and life in completely new ways because as I grow closer to Jesus, I believe He will transform my heart and set my feet on a path that He leads. I'm excited about this growing relationship and loving Him more than ever. And, maybe in the end, I will look a little more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment