Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seriously... He really does love you

So many people blow off the fact that God loves you unbelievably. We get wrapped up in comparing how God loves us to how other people love us. Many people grew up attempting to earn conditional love from a variety of people in their lives. They believed that they had to behave, dress a certain way, perform certain acts, or live up to expectations and standards in order to experience love. And... it is sadly true that people will provide conditional love. Such behavior will drive us to feeling inferior, insecure, and depressed resulting in pride, entitlement and comparison thinking that we will never live up to expectations and we will never be good enough.

The good news is that our foundation does not have to be built on the love of others but on the love God has for us! God's love is something that we get to experience and live on. Ephesians 3:17 NLT says "Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong." I dismissed God's love for many years. The dismisssal wasn't due to disbelief but just something that I took for granted... something that I believed in my head but did not allow to take root into my heart. Two years ago God removed the head knowledge and planted it into my heart. He told me that He not only loved me but that He adored me. Since that time, my foundation has become solid and I am unshakeable.

If you would, please let me share some truth with you. Let your roots go down deep into God's love as you read the following. He really wants to share this with you...

I take delight in you and I rejoice over you with singing -- Zephaniah 3:17
You are my own special treasure -- Exodus 19:5
And the apple of my eye -- Psalm 17:8
You are my child and I am your Father -- 1 John 3:1
And I want to lavish my love on you -- 1 John 3:1
I will never stop doing good to you -- Jeremiah 32:40
With my love, I will calm all your fears -- Zephaniah 3:17
Give all your worries and cares to me because I care about you! -- 1 Pete 5:7
I've never quit loving you and nave will. Expect love, love, and more love! -- Jeremiah 31:3
I created you in My image -- Genesis 1:27
I knit you together in your mother's womb -- Psalm 139:13
And you are fearfully and wonderfully made -- Psalm 139:15
I catch all your tears -- Psalm 56:8
And I will wipe them all away -- Revelation 7:17
With everlasting love I will have compassion on you -- Isaiah 54:8
Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine -- Isaiah 43:1
And so now I'll start over with you -- Jeremiah 31:3
My plans for you are good -- Jeremiah 32:40
In me you will discover who you are and what you are living for -- Ephesians 1:12
I will never fail you - I will never abandon you -- Hebrews 13:5
Nothing will ever separate you from my love -- Romans 8:38-39
I am for you -- Romans 8:31
You are my beloved child -- Matthew 3:17
And I am so pleased with you -- Matthew 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment